Thursday, February 19, 2009

"You've been put in the world to love the act of being alive."

I love Ray Bradbury for a number of reasons but his discussions about writing give me chills. He makes me want to leap from my chair, burst into tears, and love this life with everything I've got. He reminds me what it is I feel I am meant to do in this world. I love that.

My favorite part of the video above is his discussion of the first story he wrote that he considered beautiful. He says, "When I finished the short story, I burst into tears. I realized that after ten years of writing, I'd finally written something beautiful. I turned a corner into my interior self. I wasn't writing exterior stuff. I wasn't writing for the right or the left or the inbetween, I was writing for me. And I discovered, that was the way to go."


No comments: