Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goals for 2010

Yep, I like to make goals. I do this every year. Last year, I set a goal to quit smoking. I did it for like three months and (after many sobbing fits and tantrums) gave in to the addiction once more. But. I have been done with the smoking now (and not as a goal) for four months. (Yay!) This isn't the point.

The point is that I have new goals! They are (in no particular order):

1. Record an album.

This doesn't have to be fancy. I just want to get back to creating music. I'm going to get a few silly little faux guitar (thanks iPhone) melodies down and sing along.

2. Perform the shit out of one good karaoke song.

I love to sing more than most things, but I freak out so bad in front of a crowd. I'm going to try to let it go and enjoy the performance aspect of it all. (I hope I don't pee.)

3. Write a play.

Man, do I love drama. I love a good dialogue and I am one of those repeater types. You know, the kind of person who mimicks other people when they like something? You say, "Ohhh, that was ku-hool." I repeat it to mimick the sound. Why? Because I like the way people talk. I like the way that people omit information from their language or weigh a spoken sentence down with multiple meanings. I think writing a play will help me get outta my fiction funk too. Yeah.

4. Publish some poetry.

Cause really, I have like piles and piles of it just laying around the house. What good is it doing there? Shoot.

I know there should be five goals, for balance or something, but I am very distracted by the version of the hit song "Beauty & the Beast" by Peabo Bryson and Celine Dion playing on my pandora station right now.

No comments: