Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life is like a box of chocolates...or your coffin could just look like one.

I was roaming around the internet trying to do a little research for something I'm writing. I wanted to see a coffin, a real modern and up to date coffin, so I could write about one with some accuracy.

A quick google search on coffins brings up a long list of weird websites that typically have more to do with decorations for your home (seriously) than your final resting place. I did stumble across this little gem of a website, which advertises creatively designed coffins. It also advertises environmentally "sympathetic" coffins, which makes me laugh. I can just picture a couple of coffins around the water cooler.

"Yes, I'm entirely sympathetic to the environment," says Box O' Chocolates.

"I mean, it really takes a lot of shit," says Gone to Seed.

It all looked pretty normal, yes, until I checked out the set of coffins labeled "bespoke". Apparently, you can actually be buried in a coffin that looks like a box of chocolates. My favorite was the one labeled "gone to seed", for the avid gardener. You can design your very own casket and visually sum up your entire life. Can you imagine if your entire life was expressed by a gigantic replica of a box of chocolates?

I would love to be buried in a gigantic book, complete with print and everything. The pages would be glued together, of course. You know, like those bibles with the squares cut out for secret bottles of alcohol. Only it would be a secret body of me. And not so secret, really.

2 comments:

Jon Victorino said...

I want to be buried in a coffin that looks exactly like a UFO in Roswell, NM so if anyone digs me up they'll freak the eff out.

Katie McClendon said...

That would be amazing. I would seriously laugh for a long time. Like, a really long time.