Sunday, January 04, 2009

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Day One. Non-smoker. This scared the junk out of me. I watched it three times in a row.

So what am I fascinated by today? The fact that this is the first time in fifteen years and nine attempts that I feel like I am actually done smoking.

Today, it feels easy. I've been a non-smoker for ten hours but I slept through most of it, so....

And the nicotine gum isn't so bad. It's kind of sharp, like cinnamon, and it keeps my mouth busy.

Today, I am going for a long walk. I am going to clean my room. I am going to wash my clothes. I am not going to smoke.



2 comments:

Jon Victorino said...

You got it, kiddo! The gum is really a big help.

Melly said...

I had to quit when I was good and ready. I realized I began picking up cigarettes only to take a drag or two and put it out. I didn't even want to smoke anymore so I quit. By then, it was much, much easier.