Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yep. I sure did.

So, I went ahead and read about a severed head last night at a politically themed show set up to celebrate the Inauguration. Yep. I sure did.

My excerpt had nothing at all to do with politics or presidents or anything related to either of those things. It wasn't even in the "personal is political" category. It was weird and creepy and funny. A fictional story (duh) about a girl who talks to a severed head she found in her bathroom. Yep. True.

But the thing I feel is totes amaze? That I did it. I went right on ahead and did it. Even though everyone else was talkin' revolution and what not. I wanted to talk about dead people. So I did. I talked about dead people. And they loved it.

Maybe that is my version of political. Talkin' about what I want to talk about, I mean. Rather than trying to fit in. Cause listen. I did not fit in. And it was amazing.

1 comment:

Drew ! said...

Post the scry severd hed stry plz.